Inflammation is your body’s natural reaction to stress, injury or any sickness.
Inflammation can create aches and pains when you are under high stress, especially in these Covid pandemic times.
To lower the amounts of inflammation in the body there are drinks and foods that are considered better than others.
Here are 5 Anti -Inflammatory Drinks to try:
- Tart Cherry Juice is rich in anthocyanins that protect cells from anti-aging. It helps muscle recovery and soreness when overworked. Cherry juice is also good for relaxing before bedtime.
- Coffee in moderate amounts, has been found to help with the inflammation of brain, heart and other organs due to high antioxidants.
Try a Cinnamon latte, hot or cold, by mixing brewed coffee with cinnamon, honey and vanilla with a splash of creamer.
- All Teas, black, green, and white are great for inflammation due to the polyphenols, catechins and EGCG compounds. It lessens the inflammation in the GI tract and in the cardiovascular system.
Try the herb, Rosemary with lemon and Earl Grey tea for a great combo.
- Herbal Teas are wonderful agents of health, due to their many natural compounds, minerals and vitamins. They can help with de- stressing and relaxing to calm down any increase in inflammation. Try peppermint, chamomile and ginger herbal teas.
- Apple Cider Vinegar mixed with Honey is a simple drink and actually quite good. The acetic acid balances out your pH which controls weight, appetite and cholesterol levels.
So, whenever you have more aches and pains, stomach pains or overall uncomfortable aching try one of these drinks and help yourself feel better.
Cindy Burrows, B.S., M.T., Herbalist and is a Nutrition and Wellness Consultant helping individuals with health programs to improve life and happiness. She is a writer, speaker and owner of several businesses.