Tea is one of the healthiest beverages and green tea is the least processed so has the most health benefits.
In fact, green tea is the top anti-aging drink because of its high nutrients content.
Green tea leaves are processed differently they are not fermented like black tea leaves. This helps retain the antioxidants and polyphenols compounds where all the health benefits reside.
Many people say they do not like the taste of green tea, because it s more like a fresh green grassy flavor. You can add some honey and try some different flavors of green tea; it is well worth more tasting trials because it is so beneficial.
Green tea varieties can be Sencha, Genmaicha, Matcha, Jasmine or Pre-Quing Dragon Well to name a few to try.
Amazing Benefits of Green Tea
- Weight loss the polyphenol in green tea increase your metabolism and they increase fat burning and how fast your body turn food into calories.
- Diabetes benefits from green tea in helping to regulate sugar levels and maintaining glucose balance. This prevents high insulin spikes which results in higher fat storage.
- Green tea helps with Heart disease keeping blood vessels relaxed and better able to withstand higher blood pressure. It also keeps your cholesterol ratios of LDL and HDL in healthy levels.
- Depression is relieved from the compound theanine in green tea, an amino acid naturally found in tea leaves. This substance provides relaxing and calming effects.
- Green tea research finds there are profound changes in brain issues with Alzheimers and Parkinsons because it delays deterioration of nerves in brain from aging. The green tea supports good memory and cognition.
- Skin care and anti -aging by using green tea in skin lotions since it acts like an anti -inflammatory lowering wrinkles and increasing more elasticity to the skin.
To receive some of these benefits of green tea you should drink 2-3 cups of tea daily.
Cindy Burrows, B.S., M.T., Herbalist and is a Nutrition and Wellness Consultant helping individuals with health programs to improve life and happiness. She is a writer, speaker and owner of several businesses.